This is a recipe I made a few years back, and took it to family holiday parties. Not only is it a hit, it's a nice twist on the traditional pumpkin pie! It's a super easy recipe and it's perfect for those fall cravings!
- 5 tbs Butter
- 1/2 cup Pecans, Crushed
- 1 cup Gluten Free Ginger Snaps, Crushed (Trader Joe's brand work perfectly!)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the inside of a 9 inch spring form pan, and set aside
- In a medium bowl, microwave butter on medium heat for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. If 30 seconds is not enough, microwave again in 10-15 second increments.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Press the crust mixture into the spring form evenly and partially up the side of the form. Make sure the crust has a uniform thickness.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, before adding cheesecake mixture.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 2 packages Cream Cheese (8 oz each)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare your crust according to the instructions above.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Gradually add brown sugar, the pumpkin, the vanilla and the spices.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add salt, and beat until creamy. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared crust.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, until top is browned and cheesecake is slightly loose.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let set for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the spring form to make the cheesecake easy to remove.
- Cool completely and then cover. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before eating. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
The 99 Days of Christmas officially starts tomorrow! Follow along for deals, recipes, reviews and giveaways!
Follow the 99 Days of Christmas and get ready for some fun!!!