Day 4 of the blogging challenge is to "List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could." I wasn't a bad kid - I didn't drink, smoke do drugs or skip school (except band, but even the conductor knew that!). So I wont have anything too juicy but this could get interesting :).
- Let's start with a basic one - Boys. They don't change. They just get older. Don't focus too much on them, you will find the right one eventually.
- School, it's very important. You change your major a few times. You even get a few degrees - that you wont use. But it's still important to be educated and be able to stand on your own.
- The friends you have now - wont be your friends later. Sure, they're "friends" on Facebook, you may get drinks with them occassionally - but they're not a big focus in your life.
- Family is still super important. It's always important. Keep visiting Grandma at the home, you only have a couple more years. Cherish those moments.
- How you planned your life to work out -it wont. Get over it. Even your degrees will prove to be used in a different way. Life has a ways of working out!
- Guess what - you're almost 30 and not married! No kids either! It's OK - ignore what people say about not having kids at your age. They're still in the plan, don't worry!
- Cut out that Pasta Roni Crap. YES - I know I know the shells and white cheese is so goooood. But it's not the dairy that keeps making you sick. This will save you years of getting sick, and problem several pounds too.
- Don't let others take advantage of you. This is not the same of don't do nice things for others, but what I mean is others will use you until you break. I'm still learning this - even just had this lesson again a couple months ago.
- You know that livejournal you started playing with? Teaching yourself how to change the html - do that more. It will pay your bills later.
- Take an art class would ya? Don't wait until your Sophomore year in college to take one. You end up with arts degrees.. it'd be a lot easier in the beginning if you took a class earlier ;).
Read past challenge Posts:
Day 3: What do I like about being a blogger?
Day 2: 3 Fears
Day 1: 10 Random Facts about Week99er