The dried fruit and Hermits were provided to bloggers as part of the Food Fun Hop Event Hosted by Shy Babies & Little Inspiration.
Don't forget to visit the other blogs involved in the Recipe Hop from July 16th to July 30th for more chances to win some great Newman's Own Organics Products!
- 4 ounces Cream cheese at room temp
- Â¼ cup Butter, room temp
- 2 cups Sifted powdered sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Â½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Â½ cups Shredded peeled apples *Gala work best or you can use your favorite kind - but if they're too moist it might make your cupcakes over moist!*
- Â½ cup Chopped dried apples
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar (separated)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (separated)
cup Canola oil
- Â¾ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup White Rice Flour*
- Â½ cup Expandex*
- Â¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- Â¼ teaspoon Salt
- Â¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Â½ cup Nonfat buttermilk
*This is the gluten free flour mixture I use, you can use the same dry amount (1 1/2 cups) of All purpose gluten free flour mixture or you can even use All purpose baking flour to make these with full gluten! :)
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the fresh and dried apples in a bowl with cinnamon and brown sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the oil and brown sugar and beat on medium until combined. Add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add the vanilla and beat 1 minute more on high.
- Mix the rice flour and Expandex with the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternating between the two. Make your last addition dry ingredients.
- Hand mix in the apple mixture until just combined.
- Bake the cupcakes until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Note: Due to the moisture and oil in the cupcake mixture you must cool the cupcakes on a rack. If you do not, you will will end up with squishy bottom cupcakes!
Allow your cupcakes to cook for about 20 minutes (or a bit more) and make your frosting! These are warm and great in any season!
How can you win?
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me what you would make with the dried fruit. If you do not do this entry - you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment! Don't forget to enter using the form!
Make sure you check out the other blogs starting on the 16th for their giveaways too! More chances to win = more chances for yum!