As always, this recipe is Gluten free and there are notes so you can make it gluten-full :).
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup white rice flour*
- 1/2 cup expandex*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
*This is my gluten free flour mix I prefer, you can use your own preferred flour mix, or even regular baking flour if you're making it gluten full!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line your cupcake pan to make cute little snack cakes.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and sugar. Beat in your eggs 1 at a time, then stir in your vanilla.
- Sift together your flours and baking powder in a seperate bowl. Slowly integrate into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the milk until the your batter is smooth.
- Pour into your prepared pan or spoon into your cupcake cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for cupcakes, 30-40 minutes for cake.
- Test with a tooth pick for doneness!
Fun note: If you don't use coconut flour with this recipe, you will have a basic white cake recipe!
The coconut flour adds a sweet coconut flavor to the cake, they are dense but moist cupcakes!
Top with basic vanilla frosting (recipe below) and shaved coconut.
Vanilla Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer on medium until smooth